The Force® material is Carhartt’s answer to a simple problem: How can a shirt be made to get workers through an entire day in extreme dirt and sweat and still hold up? We’re talking highway construction or roofing a house, not treadmills or tennis lessons. No one on these jobs wants a soggy, dirty shirt at the end of the day, and Force® is going to help them achieve that.
At first glance, the basic Force® Short Sleeve Pocket T-shirt looks a lot like the K87 pocket tee, but there are a few key differences.
- Material: For starters, at 5.75 ounces, the fabric is about an ounce lighter than a K87. A lighter-weight fabric will keep you cooler in the elements, but still be thick enough for exceptional durability. The 65% cotton / 35% polyester fabric also gives it a ‘stretchier’ feel to enhance comfort.
- Moisture Wicking: The Force® tee also touts FastDry® technology, which is designed to wick away moisture. This is similar to the type of technology that you might find in an athletic shirt from brands like Under Armor or Nike. Except this shirt is for work, don’t forget.
- Fight Stains: Force® products also feature Stain Breaker® technology which breaks up and fights stains, helping your shirt stay clean throughout your day.
- Raglan Sleeves: What are raglan sleeves exactly? Simply put, they provide a greater range of motion. Instead of one seam on top of the shoulder, these sleeves are constructed with two seems that sit on the front and back side of the shoulder.
The Force® Extremes™ line uses 37.5 Technology to keep your body at its ideal temperature! It immediately goes to work trapping body heat in the chill of the morning to keep you warm. As the day goes on and your body heats up, the fabric will use that energy to release heat and evaporate moisture until you cool down.
- Material: Even lighter-weight than the Force® material, the 4.7-ounce polyester won’t weigh you down!
- Moisture Wicking: Featuring FastDry® with 37.5™ technology, this shirt dries even faster to keep your body at its ideal temperature all day long! This means you definitely won’t have to worry about a soggy shirt at the end of a long day.
- Ease of Movement: Don’t feel held down while you work! Rugged Flex® technology moves with you by adding a little bit of stretch to your work gear without allowing it to stretch out.
- Flat Lock Seams: Forget about twisting seams! This feature eliminates the rubbing and irritation that seams sometimes cause. It’s one of many reasons the Force® Extremes™ line offers some of the most comfortable work gear available!
With the Force® family of products, Carhartt has found the perfect way to combine the functionality and comfort of an athletic shirt with the durability and toughness of workwear. With summer around the corner, there’s no better time to try a Carhartt Force® product out. You won’t be disappointed.